You can start applying for graduate jobs now.
Top employers know that the best, most organised and most motivated applicants tend to apply early. If you are starting your final year shortly, now is an excellent time to research employers and to make your first applications. See our applications page for top tips. Graduate training schemes with the top companies often have very early closing dates: often October or November. If you miss these you have to wait another year to apply!
Some good websites for graduate training schemes
- Graduate Prospects. Search for job vacancies for recent graduates and/or finalists. You can search by type of work and/or location, and for jobs to start now or in the future
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers assists students in researching the latest information about individual employers.
- TARGETJobs employer directory, information on different career sectors and advice forum.
- Inside Careers covers Actuaries, Accountants, engineering, IT, logistics, management consultancy, Patent Attorneys and Tax Advisers.
- Our own Kent University vacancy database has over 300 vacancies, many from employers particularly looking for Kent students and graduates. It also has work experience placements and summer jobs. You can register to search the database for specific vacancies and to be emailed when new vacancies of interest to you are added. We also have a Twitter feed of all the vacancies.
- If you are looking for postgraduate study after you graduate see our Postgraduate page and the Prospects Postgraduate Study database.